CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 9, 2008

Another Anniversary


(Top photo taken 5/9/07at 5 lbs and bottom photo taken 5/9/08 at 18.14 lbs)


Today is a very special day for our family. We brought Reese home one year ago today from her 80 day stint in the NICU. Reese and Tate were born on 2/19/07 at 25 weeks and 5 days gestation. She only weighed 1.8 lbs and Tate weighed in at 1.14 lbs. She was amazing in the NICU and only had a few typical preemie issues the first few weeks. We learned that both babies had ROP on 4/17/07. At that point, we had no idea of the severity.


So much has happened in the 1 year that our sweet baby girl has been home. She's such a happy baby but is going through a rough time right now with the schleral shell in her left eye and she's also cutting her 4th tooth. She's had a bad week. All she wants to do is sleep and rub her eyes.


I've had a rough few days myself. I woke up yesterday with what felt like a golf ball in the right side of my throat. By 1p, I was hot/cold and my entire body ached so bad I had to call TBDaddy home from work to help me out. I'm blessed with a very sweet and helping husband. He took off work today and has let me rest most of the day (did I mention that my in-laws are here?).

Just a few comparison photos ~ what a difference a year makes!

5 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

That first picture doesn't even look like Reese anymore. She is such a sweet baby, I love when she sings to us! I am so Thankful for the miracle that both of your children's lives are. God showed his love and compassion for you children in a mighty way, I will forever be greatful for that, and that I could be witness to it. I love them so much! I love you so much too!
We are praying you feel better soon. In only 2 weeks we will be sitting on the beach!
The sleeping picture of Reese is great!

The G's said...

What a difference a year makes! We are so happy they are both healthy and growing!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

How amazing - you are truly blessed!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Kristen said...

What a miracle your sweet babies are! Have a blessed Mother's Day!

Sunny said...

WOW I can't believe how time has flown. Your little ones are true miracles. (I go to church with you. :) ) God is so faithful!